Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
python2.2, python2.3 vulnerability
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
The Python developers discovered a flaw in the SimpleXMLRPCServer
module. Python XML-RPC servers that used the register_instance()
method to register an object, but do not have a _dispatch() method,
permited remote users to access or change function internals using the
im_* and func_* attributes.
Upgrade to :
- idle-python2.2-2.2.3-10ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- idle-python2.3-2.3.4-2ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- python2.2-2.2.3-10ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- python2.2-dev-2.2.3-10ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- python2.2-doc-2.2.3-10ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- python2.2-examples-2.2.3-10ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- python2.2-gdbm-2.2.3-10ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- python2.2-mpz-2.2.3-10ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- python2.2-tk-2.2.3-10ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- python2.2-xmlbase-2.2.3-10ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Dust cover for ATARI STE / Falcon - brand new, high quality
|Atari APX Program Exchange - Mugwump - Game Cassette
|RARE Cassette Game Broderbund Software MATCHBOXES for Atari 400/800 Computers
|ATARI 400/800 Computer Cassette "States and Capitals"
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.