Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Stefan Esser discovered several buffer overflows in the Cyrus IMAP
server. Due to insufficient checking within the argument parser of
the "partial" and "fetch" commands, an argument like "body[p" was
detected as "body.peek". This could cause a buffer overflow which
could be exploited to execute arbitrary attacker-supplied code.
This update also fixes an exploitable buffer overflow that could be
triggered in situations when memory allocation fails (i. e. when no
free memory is available any more).
Both vulnerabilities can lead to privilege escalation to root.
Upgrade to :
- cyrus21-admin-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-clients-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-common-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-dev-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-doc-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-imapd-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-murder-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-pop3d-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcyrus-imap-perl21-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|IBM DX360 M3 SERVER E5630 2.53GHZ 32GB 4 X 1TB SATA 2 X TESLA M1060
|IBM DX360 M3 SERVER TWO E5640 2.66GHZ 48GB 3 X 1TB SATA 2 X TESLA M1060
|IBM DX360 M3 SERVER TWO E5630 2.53GHZ 24GB 2 X 600GB 10K SAS NO GPU CONNECTX-2
|IBM SYSTEM X3550 M3 SERVER TWO E5630 2.53GHZ 128GB 1.6TB SSD
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.