Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Stefan Esser discovered several buffer overflows in the Cyrus IMAP
server. Due to insufficient checking within the argument parser of
the "partial" and "fetch" commands, an argument like "body[p" was
detected as "body.peek". This could cause a buffer overflow which
could be exploited to execute arbitrary attacker-supplied code.
This update also fixes an exploitable buffer overflow that could be
triggered in situations when memory allocation fails (i. e. when no
free memory is available any more).
Both vulnerabilities can lead to privilege escalation to root.
Upgrade to :
- cyrus21-admin-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-clients-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-common-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-dev-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-doc-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-imapd-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-murder-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-pop3d-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcyrus-imap-perl21-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|MSI Z270 MPOWER GAMING TITANIUM LGA 1151 Intel Z270 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX
|ASUS P8H61-M LX Original ASUS H61 M motherboard Socket LGA 1155 uATX DDR3 DVI
|🇺🇸 Apple MacBook Pro Logic Board 15" 2011 2.2GHz i7 A1286 820-2915 661-6160 16
|P45 Desktop Mainboard Motherboard 771/775 Dual Board DDR3 Support L5420 Lot MT
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.