Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
A remote Denial of Service vulnerability was discovered in the heimdal
implementation of the telnet daemon. A remote attacker could force the
server to crash due to a NULL de-reference before the user logged in,
resulting in inetd turning telnetd off because it forked too fast.
Please note that the heimdal-servers package is not officially
supported in Ubuntu (it is in the 'universe' component of the
archive). However, this affects you if you use a customized version
built from the heimdal source package (which is supported).
Upgrade to :
- heimdal-clients-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-clients-x-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-dev-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-docs-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-kdc-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-servers-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-servers-x-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libasn1-6-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libgssapi1-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libhdb7-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|USB 3.0 External 2.5"3.5" SATA HDD SSD Hard Drive Disk Enclosure Laptop CaseHCXM
|USB 3.0 External 2.5"3.5" SATA HDD SSD Hard Drive Disk Enclosure Laptop Case Hot
|WD - easystore 8TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Black
|Western Digital (WD) 8TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 New WD Red HARDDISK
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.