Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
A remote Denial of Service vulnerability was discovered in the heimdal
implementation of the telnet daemon. A remote attacker could force the
server to crash due to a NULL de-reference before the user logged in,
resulting in inetd turning telnetd off because it forked too fast.
Please note that the heimdal-servers package is not officially
supported in Ubuntu (it is in the 'universe' component of the
archive). However, this affects you if you use a customized version
built from the heimdal source package (which is supported).
Upgrade to :
- heimdal-clients-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-clients-x-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-dev-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-docs-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-kdc-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-servers-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-servers-x-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libasn1-6-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libgssapi1-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libhdb7-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Intel GDT8623RZ-I A91205-100 Dual Channel Ultra160 SCSI PCI-X RAID +256MB Cache
|LSI Logic L3-25121-86B 9260-4i 6GB PCIe RAID Card w/ Battery and Cable
|XYRATEX IBM HS-1235E 12 BAY RAID/FREENAS Server XEON L5410 2.3GHz / 8GB MEM
|Dell PERC H310 8 Port 6Gb/S SAS PCIe Raid Card W/ SAS Cable 0HV52W 0T3F4V
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.