Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
A remote Denial of Service vulnerability was discovered in the heimdal
implementation of the telnet daemon. A remote attacker could force the
server to crash due to a NULL de-reference before the user logged in,
resulting in inetd turning telnetd off because it forked too fast.
Please note that the heimdal-servers package is not officially
supported in Ubuntu (it is in the 'universe' component of the
archive). However, this affects you if you use a customized version
built from the heimdal source package (which is supported).
Upgrade to :
- heimdal-clients-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-clients-x-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-dev-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-docs-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-kdc-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-servers-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-servers-x-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libasn1-6-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libgssapi1-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libhdb7-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|IBM Power System 570 9117-MMA 2 rack system 3.5GHZ POW6-2/0CORE 2008 Install
|NEW VLP 16GB 4X 4GB IBM 43X5052 2Rx4 10600R 1333Mh DDR3 ECC REG SERVER RAM LOT
|IBM SYSTEM X3650 M4 2.5 SERVER TWO E5-2695V2 2.40GHZ 64GB 5 X 1TB SATA M5110E
|IBM HS23 BLADECENTER SERVER E5-2690 2.9GHZ 48GB 300GB SAS HDD 15K
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.