Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
A remote Denial of Service vulnerability was discovered in the heimdal
implementation of the telnet daemon. A remote attacker could force the
server to crash due to a NULL de-reference before the user logged in,
resulting in inetd turning telnetd off because it forked too fast.
Please note that the heimdal-servers package is not officially
supported in Ubuntu (it is in the 'universe' component of the
archive). However, this affects you if you use a customized version
built from the heimdal source package (which is supported).
Upgrade to :
- heimdal-clients-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-clients-x-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-dev-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-docs-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-kdc-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-servers-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-servers-x-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libasn1-6-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libgssapi1-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libhdb7-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Juniper EX4200-24T 24x1G/8PoE Switch 1xPSU (QTY: 5)
|EX4550 32-port 1/10GbE SFP+ (QTY: 4)
|750-032730 Juniper Module 1x1G SFP mPIM (QTY: 3)
|EX3300-48P Juniper 48x1G PoE RJ45 Switch (QTY: 1)
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.