Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
used by Konqueror and other parts of KDE, did not sufficiently verify
the validity of UTF-8 encoded URIs. Specially crafted URIs could
trigger a buffer overflow. By tricking an user into visiting a
exploit this to execute arbitrary code with user rights.
Upgrade to :
- kdelibs-3.4.3-0ubuntu2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- kdelibs-bin-3.4.3-0ubuntu2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- kdelibs-data-3.4.3-0ubuntu2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- kdelibs4-3.4.0-0ubuntu3.5 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- kdelibs4-dev-3.4.3-0ubuntu2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- kdelibs4-doc-3.4.3-0ubuntu2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- kdelibs4c2-3.4.3-0ubuntu2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- kdelibs4c2-dbg-3.4.3-0ubuntu2 (Ubuntu 5.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|SEAGATE LACIE PORSCHE DESIGN LRD0PS2 1TB HARD DRIVE
|Adata Su760 1Tb 3D Nand 2.5 Inch Sata Iii Internal Ssd (Asu760Ss-1Tt-C)
|Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF i5-4570 3.20GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVD+/-RW, WIN 10 Pro.
|Dell Precision T3600 Intel Xeon E5-1620, 3.60GHz 32GB RAM 256GB SSD NO OS
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.