Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Several Cross Site Scripting vulnerabilities were discovered in
SqWebmail. A remote attacker could exploit this to execute arbitrary
of an SqWebmail user by sending specially crafted emails to him.
Please note that the "sqwebmail" package is not officially supported
by Ubuntu (it is in the "universe" section of the archive).
Upgrade to :
- courier-authdaemon-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-authmysql-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-authpostgresql-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-base-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-doc-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-faxmail-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-imap-3.0.8-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-imap-ssl-3.0.8-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-ldap-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-maildrop-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Dataram SD Server RAM 60106-99280
| Apple Macbook Pro 15 A1286 Mid 2009 Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM 250GB Hard Disk
|Dataram SD Server RAM 60106-99267
|Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB HDD 4GB RAM Intel Core i5 Tablet Keyboard and Pen
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.