Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Several Cross Site Scripting vulnerabilities were discovered in
SqWebmail. A remote attacker could exploit this to execute arbitrary
of an SqWebmail user by sending specially crafted emails to him.
Please note that the "sqwebmail" package is not officially supported
by Ubuntu (it is in the "universe" section of the archive).
Upgrade to :
- courier-authdaemon-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-authmysql-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-authpostgresql-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-base-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-doc-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-faxmail-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-imap-3.0.8-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-imap-ssl-3.0.8-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-ldap-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-maildrop-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Dell PowerEdge R710 2x X5550 2.66GHz Quad Core 32GB 6x 146GB 15K SAS PERC H700
|IBM Server SATA Drive RAID ServeRAID Backplane 41Y9087
|IBM Server 5.25" EMC Metal Shield 39Y8327
|IBM Server xSeries X Serial Port Connector DB9 and Cable 41Y9662 41Y7630
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.