Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Several Cross Site Scripting vulnerabilities were discovered in
SqWebmail. A remote attacker could exploit this to execute arbitrary
of an SqWebmail user by sending specially crafted emails to him.
Please note that the "sqwebmail" package is not officially supported
by Ubuntu (it is in the "universe" section of the archive).
Upgrade to :
- courier-authdaemon-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-authmysql-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-authpostgresql-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-base-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-doc-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-faxmail-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-imap-3.0.8-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-imap-ssl-3.0.8-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-ldap-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-maildrop-0.47-3ubuntu1.3 (Ubuntu 5.04)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|IBM System x3650 Server 7979B4U 4GB w/ 2.66GHz Xeon CPU E5430
|DELL 0F4491 / F4991 Motherboard w/ 2.80GHz CPU, 512MB RAM & I/O Shield
|Intel i7 6800K LGA 2011v3 CPU
|ASUS P2B-D DUAL CPU PENTIUM III Motherboard
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.