Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
openldap2, libpam-ldap, libnss-ldap vulnerabilities
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Andrea Barisani discovered a flaw in the SSL handling of pam-ldap and
libnss-ldap. When a client connected to a slave LDAP server using SSL,
the slave server did not use SSL as well when contacting the LDAP
master server. This caused passwords and other confident information
to be transmitted unencrypted between the slave and the master.
Upgrade to :
- ldap-utils-2.1.30-3ubuntu3.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- libldap2-2.1.30-3ubuntu3.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- libldap2-dev-2.1.30-3ubuntu3.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- libnss-ldap-220-1ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- libpam-ldap-169-1ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- libslapd2-dev-2.1.30-3ubuntu3.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- slapd-2.1.30-3ubuntu3.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.