Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Luca Ercoli discovered that the "htdigest" program did not perform any
bounds checking when it copied the "user" and "realm" arguments into
local buffers. If this program is used in remotely callable CGI
scripts, this could be exploited by a remote attacker to execute
arbitrary code with the rights of the CGI script.
Upgrade to :
- apache2-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- apache2-common-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- apache2-doc-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- apache2-mpm-perchild-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- apache2-mpm-prefork-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- apache2-mpm-threadpool-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- apache2-mpm-worker-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- apache2-prefork-dev-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- apache2-threaded-dev-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Rare Apple LaserWriter Personal Laser Printer / Vintage Printer - Powers On.
|Vintage Apple Monitor /// for Apple // computers Model A3M0039 Monitor working
|Vintage Apple III Computer External Floppy Disk Drive 5.25 A3M0004
|Vintage 1978 Apple II Book - Applesoft II BASIC Programming Reference Manual Wow
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.