Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the opera package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory SUSE-SA:2005:034 (opera).
The web browser Opera has been updated to version 8.01 to fix various
* Fixed XMLHttpRequest redirect vulnerability reported in Secunia
* Fixed cross-site scripting vulnerability reported in Secunia
* Fixed cross-site scripting vulnerability in location header when
automatic redirection is disabled. Vulnerability reported in Secunia
* Fix for variant of window injection vulnerability reported in Secunia
* Fixed information disclosure weakness causing file path information
to be sent when using the GET form method. Security Focus Bugtraq
* Improved accuracy of security bar and modified security icon
behavior: when a certificate is accepted manually after a warning,
the security level of the connection is set to 1.
* Fixed issue with wrong referrers being sent to sites in browsing
* Fixed erroneous display of certificate names containing ampersands.
* Solved problem with collapsed address bars for some pop-ups
missing indication of security level.
These issues are tracked by the Mitre CVE IDs CVE-2005-1475,
CVE-2005-1669 and CVE-2004-1157.
Solution : http://www.suse.de/security/advisories/2005_34_opera.html
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2005 Tenable Network Security
|Dell PowerEdge R710 2x X5670 2.93GHz 6 Core 32GB 6x 450GB 15K SAS PERC H700
|Samsung 8GB PC3L-8500R DDR3 ECC SERVER RAM Memory M393B1K73CHD-YF8
|Dell PowerEdge R610 2x X5550 2.66GHz Quad Core 32GB 6x 146GB 15K SAS PERC 6/i
|Intel Xeon E5-2643 3.3GHz 10MB Quad Core 130W LGA2011 SR0L7 Server CPU Proces WW
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.