Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the opera package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory SUSE-SA:2005:034 (opera).
The web browser Opera has been updated to version 8.01 to fix various
* Fixed XMLHttpRequest redirect vulnerability reported in Secunia
* Fixed cross-site scripting vulnerability reported in Secunia
* Fixed cross-site scripting vulnerability in location header when
automatic redirection is disabled. Vulnerability reported in Secunia
* Fix for variant of window injection vulnerability reported in Secunia
* Fixed information disclosure weakness causing file path information
to be sent when using the GET form method. Security Focus Bugtraq
* Improved accuracy of security bar and modified security icon
behavior: when a certificate is accepted manually after a warning,
the security level of the connection is set to 1.
* Fixed issue with wrong referrers being sent to sites in browsing
* Fixed erroneous display of certificate names containing ampersands.
* Solved problem with collapsed address bars for some pop-ups
missing indication of security level.
These issues are tracked by the Mitre CVE IDs CVE-2005-1475,
CVE-2005-1669 and CVE-2004-1157.
Solution : http://www.suse.de/security/advisories/2005_34_opera.html
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2005 Tenable Network Security
|IBM Server System x3250 M3 Server Intel Xeon
|HP DL380p G8 16-Core Server 2x E5-2670 2.6GHz 192GB-16 SFF 8 Bay with 2x1TB HD
|Intel Xeon Processor E5-2673 V3 25MB cache, 3.3 GHz, 8 core, 768GB, scalable
|HP DL360 G7 1U (12-Core) - 2x Xeon X5650@ 2.67GHz 8GB PC3 No HDD P410i 2.5"+
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.