Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the ethereal package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory MDKSA-2005:083 (ethereal).
A number of vulnerabilities were discovered in previous version of Ethereal
that have been fixed in the 0.10.11 release, including:
- The ANSI A and DHCP dissectors are vulnerable to format string
- The DISTCC, FCELS, SIP, ISIS, CMIP, CMP, CMS, CRMF, ESS, OCSP, PKIX1Explitit,
PKIX Qualified, X.509, Q.931, MEGACO, NCP, ISUP, TCAP and Presentation
dissectors are vulnerable to buffer overflows.
- The KINK, WSP, SMB Mailslot, H.245, MGCP, Q.931, RPC, GSM and SMB NETLOGON
dissectors are vulnerable to pointer handling errors.
- The LMP, KINK, MGCP, RSVP, SRVLOC, EIGRP, MEGACO, DLSw, NCP and L2TP
dissectors are vulnerable to looping problems.
- The Telnet and DHCP dissectors could abort.
- The TZSP, Bittorrent, SMB, MGCP and ISUP dissectors could cause a
- The WSP, 802.3 Slow protocols, BER, SMB Mailslot, SMB, NDPS, IAX2, RADIUS,
SMB PIPE, MRDISC and TCAP dissectors could throw assertions.
- The DICOM, NDPS and ICEP dissectors are vulnerable to memory handling errors.
- The GSM MAP, AIM, Fibre Channel,SRVLOC, NDPS, LDAP and NTLMSSP dissectors
could terminate abnormallly.
Solution : http://wwwnew.mandriva.com/security/advisories?name=MDKSA-2005:083
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2005 Tenable Network Security
|Vintage 1989 Ashton-Tate Applause II (2) Software for DOS Ver 1 New & Sealed NOS
|Vintage Ozburn-Janesville NEW Collectors Advertising Pen w Case - Computervision
|VINTAGE ALPS PC KEYBOARD PS2 SB-L109-W0
|Vintage Sony SRS-57 Speakers with power cord for walkmans
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.