Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the drakxtools package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory MDKA-2005:053 (drakxtools).
A number of bugs have been fixed in this new drakxtools package,
primarily within the drakconnect and XFdrake programs:
The package requires perl-suid for fileshareset and filesharelist.
Drakconnect fixes include:
- don't duplicate variables (MTU, NETMASK, IPADDR) in ifcfg files
- don't let interfaces with unknown drivers be configured
- set hostname only after packages have been installed, thus preventing
a potential failure in the graphical urpmi
- workaround to have device-independant configuration files in wireless.d
- workaround missing 'device' link in sysfs for rt2400/rt2500
- fix zd1201 device detection
Net_applet fixes include:
- use disconnected icon if no route, even if wifi is associated
XFdrake fixes include:
- handle nvidia_legacy
- prevent x11 segfaulting with nvidia driver (loading both Xorg's glx
and nvidia's glx)
- prevent GL applications from segfaulting when using the nv driver
while nvidia packages are being installed
Solution : http://wwwnew.mandriva.com/security/advisories?name=MDKA-2005:053
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2007 Tenable Network Security
|Rangale Delanse New CPU Cooling Fan For Toshiba Satellite C600 C600D C645 C65...
|Lot of 11 Mixed AMD CPU's (May be bent pins)
|Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Kaby Lake CPU LGA1151 Desktop Processor Boxed
|HP ProBook 640 G2 touchscreen Notebook with intel i5-6200U 2.30 GHz CPU
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.