Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the kernel package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2005-821 (kernel).
The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of
the Red Hat Linux operating system. The kernel handles the basic
functions of the operating system: memory allocation, process
allocation, device input and output, etc.
* Fri Aug 26 2005 Dave Jones
- Better identify local builds. (#159696)
- Fix disk/net dump & netconsole. (#152586)
- Fix up sleeping in invalid context in sym2 driver. (#164995)
- Fix 'semaphore is not ready' error in snd-intel8x0m.
- Restore hwclock functionality on some systems. (#144894)
- Merge patches proposed for 188.8.131.52
- Fix typo in ALPS driver.
- Fix 'No sense' error with Transcend USB key. (#162559)
- Fix up ide-scsi check for medium not present. (#160868)
- powernow-k8 driver update from 2.6.13rc7
* Tue Aug 23 2005 Dave Jones
- Work around AMD x86-64 errata 122.
* Thu Aug 18 2005 David Woodhouse
- Don't probe 8250 ports on ppc32 unless they're in the device tree
- Enable ISDN, 8250 console, i8042 keyboard controller on ppc32
- Audit updates from git tree
* Tue Aug 16 2005 Dave Jones
- Restrict ipsec socket policy loading to CAP_NET_ADMIN. (CVE-2005-2555)
* Mon Aug 15 2005 Dave Jones
- Fix module_verify_elf check that rejected valid .ko files. (#165528)
* Thu Aug 11 2005 Dave Jones
- Audit speedup in syscall path.
- Update to a newer ACPI drop.
* Wed Aug 10 2005 Dave Jones
- Reenable 586-smp builds. (Another FC4 change that crept in).
* Fri Aug 5 2005 Dave Jones
- Sync with FC4 update.
- Add Appletouch support.
- Audit updates. In particular, don't printk audit messages that
are passed from userspace when auditing is disabled.
- update to final 184.108.40.206 patchset.
- ACPI update to 20050729.
- Disable experimental ACPI HOTKEY driver. (#163355)
* Thu Aug 4 2005 Dave Jones
- Enable Amiga partition support. (#149802)
* Wed Aug 3 2005 Dave Jones
- Silence some messages from PowerMac thermal driver. (#158739)
- nfs server intermitently claimed ENOENT on existing files or directories. (#1
- Stop usbhid driver incorrectly claiming Wireless Security Lock as a mouse. (#
- Further NFSD fixing for non-standard ports.
- Fix up miscalculated i_nlink in /proc (#162418)
- Fix addrlen checks in selinux_socket_connect. (#164165)
* Thu Jul 28 2005 Dave Jones
- Fix compilation with older gcc. (#164041)
- Bump mkinitrd minimum requirement.
- Drop the -devel changes that leaked in from the FC4 backport. (#163406)
Solution : Get the newest Fedora Updates
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2005 Tenable Network Security
|1976 Scelbi 6800 Software Cookbook Altair 680 SWTPC 6800 Programming Heathkit
|S-100 Bus etc Handbook IMSAI Altair 8800 PDP-11 TRS-80 Apple II AIM 65 KIM-1 PET
|1979 Microcomputer Projects Altair 8800 Scelbi 8080 KIM-1 Intel 8008 COSMAC Elf
|1979 Guide PET/CBM Altair 8800 North Star SOL-20 Heathkit H8 Bally Arcade Coleco
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.