Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Sean Larsson discovered a buffer overflow in the IMAP "annotate"
extension. This possibly permited an authenticated IMAP client to
execute arbitrary code with the rights of the Cyrus IMAP server.
Upgrade to :
- cyrus21-admin-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-clients-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-common-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-dev-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-doc-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-imapd-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-murder-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-pop3d-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcyrus-imap-perl21-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|NEW Vintage Apple Macintosh Mac Computer SCSI KIT FOR APPLE POWER BOOK COMPUTER
|4 Vintage Apple Mac Computer Rainbow Logo Decal Stickers 2 Per Sheet Macintosh
|24 vintage Mac Addict Magazine Macintosh CD Collection Games Shareware
|Vintage Apple Macintosh M0110A Mac Mechanical Keyboard /w cable & Serial Mouse
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.