Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
This is an update to the recently published Ubuntu Security Notice
USN-74-1, which fixed the delivery of arbitrary mail to any MX host
which has an IPv6 address.
Unfortunately that upgrade revealed an error in the package upgrade
system which caused package installation to fail. After the failed
upgrade the Postfix server was not started again, thus no mail was
This new set of packages fixes the error encountered when upgrading.
Upgrade to :
- postfix-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-dev-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-doc-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-ldap-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-mysql-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-pcre-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-pgsql-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-tls-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Cisco AIR-CT5508-12-K9 5508 Wireless Controller for up to 12 APs
|JG963A HP OfficeConnect 1950 48G 2SFP+ 2XGT PoE+ Switch JG963-61001 JG963-61101
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.