Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Jean-Samuel Reynaud noticed a programming error in the IPv6 handling
code of Postfix when /proc/net/if_inet6 is not available (which is the
case in Ubuntu since Postfix runs in a chroot). If "permit_mx_backup"
was enabled in the "smtpd_recipient_restrictions", Postfix turned into
an open relay, i. e. erroneously permitted the delivery of arbitrary
mail to any MX host which has an IPv6 address.
Upgrade to :
- postfix-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-dev-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-doc-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-ldap-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-mysql-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-pcre-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-pgsql-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postfix-tls-2.1.3-1ubuntu17.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|IBM HS22V BLADECENTER SERVER TWO E5506 2.13GHZ 64GB NO HDD
|IBM HS22V BLADECENTER SERVER TWO E5620 2.40GHZ 8GB NO HDD
|IBM HS22V BLADECENTER SERVER TWO E5640 2.66GHZ 144GB NO HDD
|IBM HS22V BLADECENTER SERVER TWO E5506 2.13GHZ 16GB NO HDD
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.