Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
John Heasman discovered a local privilege escalation in the PostgreSQL
server. Any user could use the LOAD extension to load any shared
library into the PostgreSQL server
the library's initialisation
function was then executed with the permissions of the server.
Now the use of LOAD is restricted to the database superuser (usually
Note: Since there is no way for normal database users to create
arbitrary files, this vulnerability is not exploitable remotely, e. g.
by uploading a shared library in the form of a Binary Large Object
(BLOB) to a public web server.
Upgrade to :
- libecpg-dev-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libecpg4-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpgtcl-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpgtcl-dev-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpq3-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postgresql-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postgresql-client-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postgresql-contrib-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postgresql-dev-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postgresql-doc-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX, + AMD 8320 8 Core Processor + 16GB Memory + Parts
|HP Proliant ML350p Gen 8, 2x Xeon E5-2620 2GHz (12 total cores), 64GB, P420i_
|BRAND NEW Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8Core 3.6GHz BX80684I79700K Processor
|DELL NVIDIA GTX 1080 8GB Gaming Graphics Card | 2560 CUDA Cores |VR READY
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.