Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
John Heasman discovered a local privilege escalation in the PostgreSQL
server. Any user could use the LOAD extension to load any shared
library into the PostgreSQL server
the library's initialisation
function was then executed with the permissions of the server.
Now the use of LOAD is restricted to the database superuser (usually
Note: Since there is no way for normal database users to create
arbitrary files, this vulnerability is not exploitable remotely, e. g.
by uploading a shared library in the form of a Binary Large Object
(BLOB) to a public web server.
Upgrade to :
- libecpg-dev-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libecpg4-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpgtcl-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpgtcl-dev-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpq3-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postgresql-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postgresql-client-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postgresql-contrib-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postgresql-dev-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- postgresql-doc-7.4.5-3ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Seagate Backup Plus Slim 4 TB External Portable Hard Drive (Black)
|I-O Data Portable Hard Disk 1TB USB3.0 / 2.0 Compatible Bus-Powered EC-PHU3W1
|300GB 10K SAS 2.5" 6Gb/s HARD DRIVE DELL R610 R620 R630 R710 R720 R730 lot of 20
|SanDisk 500GB Ultra 3D NAND SATA III SSD - 2.5-inch Solid State Drive - NEW
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.