Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-66-1 described a circumvention of the
"open_basedir" restriction by using the cURL module. Adam Conrad
discovered that the fix from USN-66-1 still permited to bypass this
restriction with certain variants of path specifications.
In addition this update fixes the crash of the PHP interpreter if
curl_init() was called without parameters.
For reference, this is the relevant part of the original advisory:
FraMe from kernelpanik.org reported that the cURL module does not
respect open_basedir restrictions. As a result, scripts which used
cURL to open files with an user-specified path could read arbitrary
local files outside of the open_basedir directory.
Upgrade to :
- libapache2-mod-php4-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-cgi-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-curl-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-dev-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-domxml-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-gd-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-ldap-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mcal-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mhash-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mysql-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|IBM DDR3 45D7238 8GB 2P2Rx8 PC3-8500-777 Lot of 4
|IBM Server RAID Controller MR SAS 8708E FRU 43W4297
|IBM Hot Swap Power Supply 24R2639 / 24R2640e for Server xSeries 336 X336 585W
|2 x IBM 39M5790 ELPIDA 2GB DDR2 PC25300F ECC FB Server Memory (Server)
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.