Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-66-1 described a circumvention of the
"open_basedir" restriction by using the cURL module. Adam Conrad
discovered that the fix from USN-66-1 still permited to bypass this
restriction with certain variants of path specifications.
In addition this update fixes the crash of the PHP interpreter if
curl_init() was called without parameters.
For reference, this is the relevant part of the original advisory:
FraMe from kernelpanik.org reported that the cURL module does not
respect open_basedir restrictions. As a result, scripts which used
cURL to open files with an user-specified path could read arbitrary
local files outside of the open_basedir directory.
Upgrade to :
- libapache2-mod-php4-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-cgi-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-curl-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-dev-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-domxml-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-gd-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-ldap-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mcal-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mhash-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mysql-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|DELL POWEREDGE R610 SERVER TWO E5645 2.40GHZ 64GB 600GB 15K SAS PERC 6/I
|DELL PowerEdge R610 Server 2x 2.40Ghz E5645 6C 32GB 6x 1.2TB 10K SAS Mid-Level
|DELL POWEREDGE M915 SERVER FOUR AMD 6276 2.30GHZ 256GB 250GB SATA
|DELL POWEREDGE R610 SERVER TWO E5640 2.66GHZ 48GB 3 X 1.2TB 10K SAS PERC 6/I
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.