Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-66-1 described a circumvention of the
"open_basedir" restriction by using the cURL module. Adam Conrad
discovered that the fix from USN-66-1 still permited to bypass this
restriction with certain variants of path specifications.
In addition this update fixes the crash of the PHP interpreter if
curl_init() was called without parameters.
For reference, this is the relevant part of the original advisory:
FraMe from kernelpanik.org reported that the cURL module does not
respect open_basedir restrictions. As a result, scripts which used
cURL to open files with an user-specified path could read arbitrary
local files outside of the open_basedir directory.
Upgrade to :
- libapache2-mod-php4-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-cgi-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-curl-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-dev-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-domxml-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-gd-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-ldap-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mcal-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mhash-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mysql-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|New Fujitsu Intel Xeon E5-2620v4 8-Core 2.10Ghz 20MB CPU Kit S26361-F3933-L320
|Dell PowerEdge R630 10x 2.5" Bay CTO No CPU / No Memory / No HDD 1U Rack Server
|NEW Dell PowerEdge R730xd 24x 2.5" + 2x 2.5" Rear Bays CTO No CPU/Ram 2U Server
|For HP 450 G3 Laptop Motherboard Intel I7-6500 CPU 830932-001 DAX63MB6H1 TEST OK
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.