Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-66-1 described a circumvention of the
"open_basedir" restriction by using the cURL module. Adam Conrad
discovered that the fix from USN-66-1 still permited to bypass this
restriction with certain variants of path specifications.
In addition this update fixes the crash of the PHP interpreter if
curl_init() was called without parameters.
For reference, this is the relevant part of the original advisory:
FraMe from kernelpanik.org reported that the cURL module does not
respect open_basedir restrictions. As a result, scripts which used
cURL to open files with an user-specified path could read arbitrary
local files outside of the open_basedir directory.
Upgrade to :
- libapache2-mod-php4-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-cgi-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-curl-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-dev-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-domxml-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-gd-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-ldap-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mcal-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mhash-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mysql-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|DELL PowerEdge 2950 64-bit 2xQuad-Core Xeon 3.0GHz + 48GB RAM + 6x2TB 7.2K SATA
|800358-001 HP 24 SFF SERVER BACKPLANE FOR APOLLO R2600 GEN9 CTO CHASSIS
|Lot of 22 x 4GB 2Rx8 pc3 pc3l 10600r server memory.
|SolarFlare SFN4112F Single Port 10GB PCIe Server Adapter SF329-4000-R02
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.