Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña noticed that the "check_forensic"
script created temporary files in an insecure manner. This could
permit a symbolic link attack to create or overwrite arbitrary files
with the rights of the user invoking the program.
Upgrade to :
- apache-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-common-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-dbg-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-dev-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-doc-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-perl-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-ssl-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-utils-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libapache-mod-perl-188.8.131.52-14ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Fortinet Fortigate-60E 10-port VPN Firewall Security Appliance FG-60E
|DrayTek Vigor 2830N ADSL2+ Router/Security Firewall - vigor2830n
|Cisco PIX 515E Firewall VPN-DES Restricted R License
|Draytek Vigor2710NE ADSL2+ 802.11n Wireless Modem Router Access Point Firewall 4
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.