Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña noticed that the "check_forensic"
script created temporary files in an insecure manner. This could
permit a symbolic link attack to create or overwrite arbitrary files
with the rights of the user invoking the program.
Upgrade to :
- apache-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-common-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-dbg-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-dev-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-doc-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-perl-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-ssl-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-utils-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libapache-mod-perl-184.108.40.206-14ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|DELL R720XD SERVER 3.5 E5-2603V2 1.80GHZ 48GB 2 X 480GB SSD H310
|DELL POWEREDGE R730 8 BAY E5-2667V4 3.2GHZ 768GB 8 X 1.8TB 10K 12G H730
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.