Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña noticed that the "check_forensic"
script created temporary files in an insecure manner. This could
permit a symbolic link attack to create or overwrite arbitrary files
with the rights of the user invoking the program.
Upgrade to :
- apache-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-common-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-dbg-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-dev-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-doc-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-perl-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-ssl-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-utils-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libapache-mod-perl-184.108.40.206-14ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Micron MTA8ATF51264HZ-2G1B1 4GB 1RX8 PC4-2133P Laptop Memory 4GB X 2 Sticks RAM
|Memory Card Reader SD/Micro Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter with Standard USB
|1pcs Gold USB 2.0 unique iron man model 8G Memory Stick Flash pen Drive NEW `B36
|MICRON 4GB (1 x 4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 240-Pin Desktop Memory PC3-12800U
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.