Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Javier FernŠndez-Sanguino PeŮa noticed that the "check_forensic"
script created temporary files in an insecure manner. This could
permit a symbolic link attack to create or overwrite arbitrary files
with the rights of the user invoking the program.
Upgrade to :
- apache-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-common-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-dbg-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-dev-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-doc-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-perl-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-ssl-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache-utils-1.3.31-6ubuntu0.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libapache-mod-perl-184.108.40.206-14ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Dell PERC H310 Adapter 8-Port 6GB/s SAS RAID Controller Card HV52W with cables
|HighPoint RocketRAID 640 6Gb/s SATA RAID Host Adapter¬†
|StarTech.com 4 Port PCI Express 2.0 SATA III 6Gbps RAID Controller Card with Hyp
|NEW BAT1S1P Raid Battery for IBM iBBU08 M5016 M5110 M5014 M5015 81Y4451 81Y4490
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.