Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
xpdf, cupsys vulnerabilities
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
A buffer overflow has been found in the xpdf viewer. An insufficient
input validation of the encryption key length could be exploited by an
attacker providing a specially crafted PDF file which, when processed
by xpdf, could result in abnormal program termination or the execution
of attacker supplied program code with the user's rights.
The Common UNIX Printing System (CUPS) uses the same code to print PDF
files. In this case, this bug could be exploited to gain the
rights of the CUPS print server (by default, user cupsys).
Upgrade to :
- cupsys-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cupsys-bsd-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cupsys-client-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsimage2-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsimage2-dev-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsys2-dev-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsys2-gnutls10-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- xpdf-3.00-8ubuntu1.4 (Ubuntu 4.1
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|EK 360mm AIO Cooler D-RGB All-in-One CPU Cooler with EK-Vardar High-Performan...
|Dell Latitude E6420 Motherboard 07TR3J Intel i-Series No CPU Included -Tested
|Intel Pentium G4560 3.5 GHz Computer Desktop Cpu Processor LGA1151 Dual-Core
|AMD AD36000JZ43GX A6-3600 Series Desktop Processor CPU
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.