Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Michael Tautschnig discovered a possible buffer overflow in the
add_to_history() function in the MIT Kerberos 5 implementation.
Performing a password change did not properly track the password
policy's history count and the maximum number of keys. This could
cause an array overflow and may have permited authenticated users (not
necessarily one with administrative rights) to execute arbitrary
code on the KDC host, compromising an entire Kerberos realm.
Upgrade to :
- krb5-admin-server-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- krb5-clients-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- krb5-doc-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- krb5-ftpd-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- krb5-kdc-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- krb5-rsh-server-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- krb5-telnetd-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- krb5-user-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libkadm55-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libkrb5-dev-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libkrb53-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|LOT of 2 Dell PowerEdge R710 T610 SERVER 570W POWER SUPPLY PSU G0KD5 J98GF MYXYH
|Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade 2x E5-2697v2 2.7Ghz 12 Core 256GB 2x 100GB SSDs H710
|Dell PowerEdge R740 Wrty Thru 9-28-2023 2xGold 5118 24C 4x1.2TB, H740P 8GB, 64GB
|Dell PowerEdge R630 2x E5-2667v4 3.2GHz 8 Core 64GB 2x 1.8TB 10K 12Gb/s SAS
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.