Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Michael Tautschnig discovered a possible buffer overflow in the
add_to_history() function in the MIT Kerberos 5 implementation.
Performing a password change did not properly track the password
policy's history count and the maximum number of keys. This could
cause an array overflow and may have permited authenticated users (not
necessarily one with administrative rights) to execute arbitrary
code on the KDC host, compromising an entire Kerberos realm.
Upgrade to :
- krb5-admin-server-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- krb5-clients-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- krb5-doc-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- krb5-ftpd-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- krb5-kdc-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- krb5-rsh-server-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- krb5-telnetd-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- krb5-user-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libkadm55-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libkrb5-dev-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libkrb53-1.3.4-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|VTG COMMODORE 64/ COMMODORE 1541DISK DRIVE/COMMODORE 1520 COLOR PRINTER
|GUARDIANS - PC COLLECTORS GAME - NEW IN BOX
|Apple In Depth Fall 1981/Winter 1982 | Vintage Apple Computer Book
|VINTAGE SEARS 500 PERSONAL ELECTRONIC PRINTER
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.