Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Greg MacManus discovered an integer overflow in Samba's smbd daemon.
Requesting a very large number of access control descriptors from the
server caused an integer overflow, which resulted in a memory
allocation being too short, thus causing a buffer overflow. By sending
carefully crafted data, a possible hacker could exploit this to execute
arbitrary code on the server with full root permissions.
Upgrade to :
- libpam-smbpass-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libsmbclient-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libsmbclient-dev-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- python2.3-samba-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- samba-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- samba-common-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- samba-doc-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- smbclient-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- smbfs-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- swat-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- winbind-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.3 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 Case, Ztotop Premium Leather Slim Folding Cover, Blue
|ECC Registered RAM 16GB 4x 4GB PC3-10600R Memory LOT FITS Mac Pro 5,1 2010 A1289
|SAMSUNG M378T6553CZ3-CE6 512MB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM
|Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB SSD (MZ-V6P512BW)
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.