Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Stefan Esser reported several buffer overflows in PHP's variable unserializing
handling. These could permit a possible hacker to execute arbitrary code on the server
with the PHP interpreter's rights by sending specially crafted input
strings (form data, cookie values, and similar).
Additionally, Ilia Alshanetsky discovered a buffer overflow in the
exif_read_data() function. Attackers could execute arbitrary code on the server
by sending a JPEG image with a very long "sectionname" value to PHP
applications that support image uploads.
Upgrade to :
- libapache2-mod-php4-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-cgi-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-curl-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-dev-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-domxml-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-gd-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-ldap-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mcal-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mhash-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mysql-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|1PC 100% TEST A06B-6077-H111 (by EMS or DHL 90days Warranty) #QQ002
|Intel BLKDQ77CP Executive Q77 Express LGA-1155 DDR3 SDRAM MicroATX Motherboard
|asus prime z270-p
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.