Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Recently another buffer overflow has been discovered in the SASL
authentication module of the Cyrus IMAP server. An off-by-one
comparison error in the mysasl_canon_user() function could lead to a
missing termination of an user name string.
This vulnerability could permit remote, attacker-supplied machine code
to be executed in the context of the affected server process. Since
the IMAP server usually runs as unprivileged user 'cyrus', there is no
possibility of root privilege escalation.
Upgrade to :
- cyrus21-admin-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-clients-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-common-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-dev-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-doc-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-imapd-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-murder-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cyrus21-pop3d-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcyrus-imap-perl21-2.1.16-6ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|SySTOR 1-47 CF Card Duplicator - Mass Storage Copier Compact Flash Memory Eraser
|NetApp Flash Cache 1.0TB 111-00177 B2 111-000709 A3 8x PCIe Card
|Cryptex USB Flash Drive Antique Gold SECURITY LOCK CODE 32GB USB 3.0 NEW IN BOX
|NEW SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive 2 Pack 32 GB 100MB/s SDCZ48-032G-AW46TW
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.