Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Chris Moore discovered a buffer overflow in a particular class of
lexicographical scanners generated by flex. This could be exploited to
execute arbitrary code by processing specially crafted user-defined
input to an application that uses a flex scanner for parsing.
This flaw particularly affects gpc, the GNU Pascal Compiler. A
potentially remote attacker could exploit this by tricking an user or
automated system into compiling a specially crafted Pascal source code
Please note that gpc is not officially supported in Ubuntu (it is in
the 'universe' component of the archive). However, this affects you if
you use a customized version built from the gcc-3.3 or gcc-3.4 source
package (which is supported).
Upgrade to :
- cpp-3.3-3.3.5-8ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- cpp-3.3-doc-3.3.5-8ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- cpp-3.4-3.4.4-6ubuntu8.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- cpp-3.4-doc-3.4.4-6ubuntu8.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- fastjar-3.4.2-2ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- fixincludes-3.3.4-9ubuntu5.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- flex-2.5.31-31ubuntu0.5.10.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- flex-doc-2.5.31-31ubuntu0.5.10.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- g++-3.3-3.3.5-8ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- g++-3.4-3.4.4-6ubuntu8.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- g77-3.3-3.3.5-8ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|G. SKILL PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600) 8GB UDIMM 1600 MHz PC3-12800 DDR3 Memory...
|Lot of 22 Samsung 4gb PC3L 1.35v 10600R C09 ECC M393B5273CH0 Server Memory
|3TB (96x32GB) DDR4 PC4-2400T-R ECC Reg Server Memory RAM for Cisco UCS B460 M4
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.