Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
A privilege escalation flaw has been found in the heimdal rsh (remote
shell) server. This permited an authenticated attacker to overwrite
arbitrary files and gain ownership of them.
Please note that the heimdal-servers package is not officially
supported in Ubuntu (it is in the 'universe' component of the
archive). However, this affects you if you use a customized version
built from the heimdal source package (which is supported).
Upgrade to :
- heimdal-clients-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-clients-x-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-dev-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-docs-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-kdc-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-servers-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-servers-x-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libasn1-6-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libgssapi1-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libhdb7-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming/AURA RGB ATX LGA 1151 DDR4 HDMI GAMING Motherboard
|Dell Optiplex 3020 MT Motherboard LGA1155 Intel Core i3 i5 i7 I/O Shield 40DDP
|ASUS P7P55D-E PRO Intel Core i7-860 2.8GHz 8GB Ram LGA1156 Motherboard
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.