Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
A privilege escalation flaw has been found in the heimdal rsh (remote
shell) server. This permited an authenticated attacker to overwrite
arbitrary files and gain ownership of them.
Please note that the heimdal-servers package is not officially
supported in Ubuntu (it is in the 'universe' component of the
archive). However, this affects you if you use a customized version
built from the heimdal source package (which is supported).
Upgrade to :
- heimdal-clients-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-clients-x-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-dev-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-docs-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-kdc-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-servers-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-servers-x-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libasn1-6-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libgssapi1-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libhdb7-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Intel Pentium MMX FV80503200 SL27J 2.8V CPU Processor 200MHz, Socket 7
|AMD CPU AD9600AGABBOX Bristol Ridge AM4 A8 9600 APU 65 Watts Retail
|AMD CPU AD9700AHABBOX Bristol Ridge AM4 A10 9700E APU 35 Watts Retail
|AMD CPU AD9700AGABBOX Bristol Ridge AM4 A10 9700 APU 65 Watts Retail
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.