Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
A privilege escalation flaw has been found in the heimdal rsh (remote
shell) server. This permited an authenticated attacker to overwrite
arbitrary files and gain ownership of them.
Please note that the heimdal-servers package is not officially
supported in Ubuntu (it is in the 'universe' component of the
archive). However, this affects you if you use a customized version
built from the heimdal source package (which is supported).
Upgrade to :
- heimdal-clients-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-clients-x-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-dev-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-docs-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-kdc-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-servers-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- heimdal-servers-x-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libasn1-6-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libgssapi1-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libhdb7-heimdal-0.6.3-11ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|NEW HPE P16006-001 ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus Server E-2224 16GB MicroSvr
|Super Micro, PWS-1K21P-1R, 1200W Redundant Server Power Supply
|HP ProLiant ML310e G8 Micro Tower Server System Xeon
|MicroServer Gen10 Plus Tower Server for Business, Intel Xeon E-2224 3.4GHz, 8GB
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.