Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
xpdf, poppler, cupsys, tetex-bin vulnerabilities
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Chris Evans discovered several integer overflows in the XPDF code,
which is present in xpdf, the Poppler library, and tetex-bin. By
tricking an user into opening a specially crafted PDF file, an
attacker could exploit this to execute arbitrary code with the
rights of the application that processes the document.
The CUPS printing system also uses XPDF code to convert PDF files to
PostScript. By attempting to print such a crafted PDF file, a remote
attacker could execute arbitrary code with the rights of the
printer server (user 'cupsys').
Upgrade to :
- cupsys-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.10 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cupsys-bsd-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.10 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cupsys-client-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.10 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsimage2-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.10 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsimage2-dev-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.10 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsys2-dev-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.10 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsys2-gnutls10-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.10 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Lot Of 10 new Panasonic 4.7GB DVD-RAM 3x Speed Rewritable super Disc LM-HB47LU
|Dell Inspiron Mini 1GB RAM - Intel Atom N270 1.60GHZ - 150GB (Please Read)
|LOT OF 2 Dell Optiplex 790 J3C2F Motherboard Intel LGA 1155, DDR3 RAM / B2265
|Lenovo ThinkPad T410- Core i5 M520 @ 2.40GHz, 3GB RAM, 320GB HDD, WIN 7 PRO 64
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.