Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
xpdf, poppler, cupsys, tetex-bin vulnerabilities
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Chris Evans discovered several integer overflows in the XPDF code,
which is present in xpdf, the Poppler library, and tetex-bin. By
tricking an user into opening a specially crafted PDF file, an
attacker could exploit this to execute arbitrary code with the
rights of the application that processes the document.
The CUPS printing system also uses XPDF code to convert PDF files to
PostScript. By attempting to print such a crafted PDF file, a remote
attacker could execute arbitrary code with the rights of the
printer server (user 'cupsys').
Upgrade to :
- cupsys-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.10 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cupsys-bsd-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.10 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cupsys-client-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.10 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsimage2-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.10 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsimage2-dev-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.10 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsys2-dev-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.10 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsys2-gnutls10-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.10 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|HP Probook 4530s 2GB RAM, i3-2310M, 2.10GHz, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 (Read Descrip)
|HP Probook 4530s 2GB RAM, i3-2310M, 2.10GHz, 250GB HDD, Windows 10
|HP EliteBook 8460P 2GB RAM, i5-2450M, 2.50GHz, 500GB HDD, Windows 10
|NEW Dell Inspiron 5559 15.6" Touch i7-6500U 2.5GHz 16GB RAM 500GB HDD Radeon R5
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.