Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
infamous41md discovered several integer overflows in the XPDF code,
which is present in xpdf, the Poppler library, tetex-bin, KOffice, and
kpdf. By tricking an user into opening a specially crafted PDF file,
a possible hacker could exploit this to execute arbitrary code with the
rights of the application that processes the document.
The CUPS printing system also uses XPDF code to convert PDF files to
PostScript. By attempting to print such a crafted PDF file, a remote
attacker could execute arbitrary code with the rights of the
printer server (user 'cupsys').
Upgrade to :
- cupsys-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.9 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cupsys-bsd-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.9 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cupsys-client-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.9 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- kamera-3.4.3-0ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- karbon-1.4.1-0ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- kchart-1.4.1-0ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- kcoloredit-3.4.3-0ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- kdegraphics-3.4.3-0ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- kdegraphics-dev-3.4.3-0ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- kdegraphics-doc-html-3.4.3-0ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.1
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3200MHz Quad-Core (YD1400BBAEBOX) Processor
|Acer Aspire S3-371-6663 13.3" Genuine CPU Cooling Fan with Heatsink 60.4QP01.012
|Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 2 GHz Dual-Core 4M 800MHz Processor tested Free. shipping
|Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core (BX80646I54590) Processor
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.