Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
infamous41md discovered several integer overflows in the XPDF code,
which is present in xpdf, the Poppler library, tetex-bin, KOffice, and
kpdf. By tricking an user into opening a specially crafted PDF file,
a possible hacker could exploit this to execute arbitrary code with the
rights of the application that processes the document.
The CUPS printing system also uses XPDF code to convert PDF files to
PostScript. By attempting to print such a crafted PDF file, a remote
attacker could execute arbitrary code with the rights of the
printer server (user 'cupsys').
Upgrade to :
- cupsys-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.9 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cupsys-bsd-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.9 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cupsys-client-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.9 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- kamera-3.4.3-0ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- karbon-1.4.1-0ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- kchart-1.4.1-0ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- kcoloredit-3.4.3-0ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- kdegraphics-3.4.3-0ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- kdegraphics-dev-3.4.3-0ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- kdegraphics-doc-html-3.4.3-0ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.1
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Fusion-IO F11-003-1T65-CS-001 SSD ioScale2 1.65TB Flash VCCI-A EP004901-000_4
|SSD 120GB UV400 For Kingston 7mm 2.5" SATA3 SUV400S37/120G Solid State Drive FE
|SSD 120GB V300 For Fast Speed Kingston 2.5" Internal Solid State FE300S37A FE
|SSD 240GB V300 For Kingston SATA 3 Internal Solid State Drive 6Gb/s FE300S37A FE
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.