Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
A memory leak was found in the Apache 2 'worker' module in the
handling of aborted TCP connections. By repeatedly triggering this
situation, a remote attacker could drain all available memory, which
eventually led to a Denial of Service.
Upgrade to :
- apache2-2.0.54-5ubuntu3 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- apache2-common-2.0.54-5ubuntu3 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- apache2-doc-2.0.54-5ubuntu3 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- apache2-mpm-perchild-2.0.54-5ubuntu3 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- apache2-mpm-prefork-2.0.54-5ubuntu3 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- apache2-mpm-threadpool-2.0.54-5ubuntu3 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- apache2-mpm-worker-2.0.54-5ubuntu3 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- apache2-prefork-dev-2.0.54-5ubuntu3 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- apache2-threaded-dev-2.0.54-5ubuntu3 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- apache2-utils-2.0.54-5ubuntu3 (Ubuntu 5.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.