Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Karol Wiesek discovered a Denial of Service vulnerability in samba. A
flaw in the input validation routines used to match filename strings
containing wildcard characters may permit a remote user to consume more
than normal amounts of CPU resources, thus impacting the performance
and response of the server. In some circumstances the server can
become entirely unresponsive.
Upgrade to :
- libpam-smbpass-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libsmbclient-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libsmbclient-dev-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- python2.3-samba-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- samba-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- samba-common-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- samba-doc-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- smbclient-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- smbfs-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- swat-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- winbind-3.0.7-1ubuntu6.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Patriot Viper Elite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DIMM PC4-19200 (DDR4-2400) Memory...
| G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB DDR4 2400 PC4-19200 260-Pin SO-DIMM F4-2400C16D-8GRS
|Crucial 4GB 2x2GB PC2-5300 DDR2 Low Profile Desktop Memory CT25664AA667.M16VFE
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.