Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
gtk+2.0, gdk-pixbuf vulnerabilities
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Two integer overflows have been discovered in the XPM image loader of
the GDK pixbuf library. By tricking an user into opening a specially
crafted XPM image with any Gnome desktop application that uses this
library, this could be exploited to execute arbitrary code with the
rights of the user running the application.
Additionally, specially crafted XPM images could cause an endless loop
in the image loader, which could be exploited to cause applications
trying to open that image to hang. (CVE-2005-2975)
Upgrade to :
- gtk2-engines-pixbuf-2.8.6-0ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- gtk2.0-examples-2.8.6-0ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libgdk-pixbuf-dev-0.22.0-8ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libgdk-pixbuf-gnome-dev-0.22.0-8ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libgdk-pixbuf-gnome2-0.22.0-8ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libgdk-pixbuf2-0.22.0-8ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libgtk2.0-0-2.8.6-0ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libgtk2.0-0-dbg-2.8.6-0ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libgtk2.0-bin-2.8.6-0ubuntu2.1 (Ubuntu 5.10)
- libgtk2.0-common-2.8.6-0ubuntu2.1 (Ubu
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Lenovo ThinkPad T4705 AU Optronics B140HAN02 14'' Matte LCD Screen - Tested
|Genuine Lenovo ThinkPad E580 15.6" Laptop Left and Right Hinge Set
|T23D-10 22.5IN WLED LCD MON 19X12 4MS
|Kensington Cable Lock for HP Laptops Lenovo Asus Acer & Other Devices - NEW S...
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.