Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
The Ruby developers discovered a potential Denial of Service
vulnerability in the CGI module (cgi.rb). Specially crafted CGI
requests could cause an infinite loop in the server process.
Repetitive attacks could use most of the available processor
resources, exhaust the number of permited parallel connections in web
servers, or cause similar effects which render the service
There is no possibility of privilege escalation or data loss.
Upgrade to :
- irb1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre2-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libbigdecimal-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre2-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcurses-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre2-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libdbm-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre2-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libdl-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre2-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libdrb-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre2-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- liberb-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre2-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libgdbm-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre2-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|JUNIPER TRAPEZE INDOOR MOBILITY POINT MP-432 3x3 MIMO WPA2
|Juniper JXU-6GE-SFP-S uPIM 6-Port GE SFP Module - Ships Today
|Juniper JXU-6GE-SFP-S uPIM 8-Port GE SFP Module 750-017015
|Juniper EX-UM-2XFP 2-Port 10GbE XFP Uplink Module 711-021271
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.