Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
The Ruby developers discovered a potential Denial of Service
vulnerability in the CGI module (cgi.rb). Specially crafted CGI
requests could cause an infinite loop in the server process.
Repetitive attacks could use most of the available processor
resources, exhaust the number of permited parallel connections in web
servers, or cause similar effects which render the service
There is no possibility of privilege escalation or data loss.
Upgrade to :
- irb1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre2-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libbigdecimal-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre2-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcurses-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre2-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libdbm-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre2-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libdl-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre2-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libdrb-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre2-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- liberb-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre2-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libgdbm-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre2-3ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|HP ProLiant BL460c G6 Blade Server Dual Xeon E5520 QC 2.26GHz 8GB
|Energy-Efficient High-End DELL PE R610 2x2.26Ghz L5640 6C 192G 2x300G SSD 4x600G
|DELL PE R610 Low Power Consumption 8-Core 64GB 6x 300GB 10K SAS 90-Day Warranty
|Mid-Level Enterprise HP PL DL380 G7 2x 2.66Ghz X5650 6C 72GB 6x 1TB
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.