Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Chris Evans discovered several integer overflow vulnerabilities in xpdf, a
viewer for PDF files. The Common UNIX Printing System (CUPS) also uses the
same code to print PDF files. In either case, these vulnerabilities could
be exploited by a possible hacker by providing a specially crafted PDF file which,
when processed by CUPS or xpdf, could result in abnormal program termination
or the execution of program code supplied by the attacker.
In the case of CUPS, this bug could be exploited to gain the rights of
the CUPS print server (by default, user cupsys).
In the case of xpdf, this bug could be exploited to gain the rights of
the user invoking xpdf.
Upgrade to :
- cupsys-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cupsys-bsd-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cupsys-client-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsimage2-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsimage2-dev-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsys2-dev-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsys2-gnutls10-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- xpdf-3.00-8ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 4.1
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|x1 Kingston A400 SSD 120GB SATA III 2.5 Internal Solid State Drive SA400S37/120G
|3Pcs SATA 3.0 III SATAiii 6Gb/s Data Cable Wire 16" 42cm for HDD Hard Drive SSD
|Micron S600DC S630DC 400 GB 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - SAS
|Sonnet Fusion 1 TB External Solid State Drive - PCI Express - Portable - Thunder
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.