Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Chris Evans discovered several integer overflow vulnerabilities in xpdf, a
viewer for PDF files. The Common UNIX Printing System (CUPS) also uses the
same code to print PDF files. In either case, these vulnerabilities could
be exploited by a possible hacker by providing a specially crafted PDF file which,
when processed by CUPS or xpdf, could result in abnormal program termination
or the execution of program code supplied by the attacker.
In the case of CUPS, this bug could be exploited to gain the rights of
the CUPS print server (by default, user cupsys).
In the case of xpdf, this bug could be exploited to gain the rights of
the user invoking xpdf.
Upgrade to :
- cupsys-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cupsys-bsd-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cupsys-client-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsimage2-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsimage2-dev-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsys2-dev-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsys2-gnutls10-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- xpdf-3.00-8ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 4.1
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|UCS-RAID-BBU= CISCO LSI RAID BATTERY LSIiBBU09 BAT1S1P-A
|3Ware 9500S-4LP 4Port SATA PCIx RAID Controller 128MB
|Lot of 5 Dell Poweredge Server Perc 6/i SAS Dual Channel RAID Controller T954J
|SUN RAID CONTROLLER CARD W/ BATTERY 375-3499 512MB FC
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.