Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
The object oriented scripting language Ruby supports safely executing
untrusted code with two mechanisms: safe level and taint flag on
objects. Dr. Yutaka Oiwa discovered a vulnerability that permits
Ruby methods to bypass these mechanisms. In systems which use this
feature, this could be exploited to execute Ruby code beyond the
restrictions specified in each safe level.
Upgrade to :
- irb1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre4-1ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- libbigdecimal-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre4-1ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- libcurses-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre4-1ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- libdbm-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre4-1ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- libdl-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre4-1ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- libdrb-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre4-1ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- liberb-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre4-1ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- libgdbm-ruby1.8-1.8.1+1.8.2pre4-1ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 5.04)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Lenovo ThinkPad T460s SLIM Intel Core i5-6300U 2.5GHz 8GB 256 SSD 3yr Warranty
|Dell Latitude E6320 Notebook 12.5 Intel Core i7 2.70Ghz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Laptop
|ASUS Q501LA-BSI5T19 15.6in. (750GB, Intel Core i5 4th Gen., 1.6GHz, 8GB)...
|DELL Latitude E7440 - CORE I7-4600U CPU 2.1GHz 8GB RAM, 256GB HD SSD
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.