Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
A Denial of Service vulnerability has been discovered in the Courier
mail server. Due to a flawed status code check, failed DNS (domain
name service) queries for SPF (sender policy framework) were not
handled properly and could lead to memory corruption. A malicious DNS
server could exploit this to crash the Courier server.
However, SPF is not enabled by default, so you are only vulnerable if
you explicitly enabled it.
The Ubuntu 4.10 version of courier is not affected by this.
Upgrade to :
- courier-authdaemon-0.47-3ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-authmysql-0.47-3ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-authpostgresql-0.47-3ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-base-0.47-3ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-doc-0.47-3ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-faxmail-0.47-3ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-imap-3.0.8-3ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-imap-ssl-3.0.8-3ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-ldap-0.47-3ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- courier-maildrop-0.47-3ubuntu1.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Knoppix 9.1.0 (i486) DVD
|Knoppix V3.2 Linux CD Bootable Operating System Data Rcovery Tool
|Knoppix Linux 9.1 LIVE 32GB bootable USB 3.1/3.0/2.0 w/ PERSISTENCE
|Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.