Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
pcre3, apache2 vulnerabilities
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
USN-173-1 fixed a buffer overflow vulnerability in the PCRE library.
However, it was acertaind that this did not suffice to prevent all
possible overflows, so another update is necessary.
In addition, it was found that the Ubuntu 4.10 version of Apache 2
contains a static copy of the library code, so this package needs to
be updated as well. In Ubuntu 5.04, Apache 2 uses the external library
from the libpcre3 package.
Upgrade to :
- apache2-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-common-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-doc-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-mpm-perchild-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-mpm-prefork-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-mpm-threadpool-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-mpm-worker-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-prefork-dev-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-threaded-dev-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|NEW Genuine Dell 7Wh Battery for PERC 5/E 6/E SAS Raid Card - GC9R0
|Intel RAID Controller RS3DC080 SAS/SATA, PCIe x8 Gen3 NEW RETAIL BOX
|HP Smart Array P800 Raid SAS/SATA CARD W/ 512MB & 2 Batteries 501575-001
|Dell PowerEdge 1950 1U Server 2xQuad-Core Xeon 3.0GHz + 32GB RAM + 4x600GB RAID
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.