Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
pcre3, apache2 vulnerabilities
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
USN-173-1 fixed a buffer overflow vulnerability in the PCRE library.
However, it was acertaind that this did not suffice to prevent all
possible overflows, so another update is necessary.
In addition, it was found that the Ubuntu 4.10 version of Apache 2
contains a static copy of the library code, so this package needs to
be updated as well. In Ubuntu 5.04, Apache 2 uses the external library
from the libpcre3 package.
Upgrade to :
- apache2-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-common-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-doc-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-mpm-perchild-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-mpm-prefork-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-mpm-threadpool-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-mpm-worker-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-prefork-dev-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-threaded-dev-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|NEW BACKUP PLUS DESKTOP DRIVE 5TB SRD00F2
|Seagate 1TB BarraCuda SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5" Internal Hard Drive ST1000DM010
|VINTAGE mitsubishi hard drive
|Seagate - Backup Plus Slim 1TB External USB 3.0/2.0 Portable Hard Drive - Red
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.