Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
pcre3, apache2 vulnerabilities
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
USN-173-1 fixed a buffer overflow vulnerability in the PCRE library.
However, it was acertaind that this did not suffice to prevent all
possible overflows, so another update is necessary.
In addition, it was found that the Ubuntu 4.10 version of Apache 2
contains a static copy of the library code, so this package needs to
be updated as well. In Ubuntu 5.04, Apache 2 uses the external library
from the libpcre3 package.
Upgrade to :
- apache2-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-common-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-doc-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-mpm-perchild-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-mpm-prefork-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-mpm-threadpool-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-mpm-worker-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-prefork-dev-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- apache2-threaded-dev-2.0.50-12ubuntu4.4 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Apple Macintosh set of internal TORX machine screws 512Ke 512k 128k M0001e part
|Apple Macintosh set of 5 outer TORX screws 512Ke 512k 128k M0001e part parts
|Vintage APPLE IIE IIC 128K THE APPLE LOGO II Reference Manual Red Book 1982 1984
|815-0938 Battery Cover part Apple Macintosh 512Ke m0001e 128k m0001a m0001w 512k
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.