Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Marc Stern discovered a buffer overflow in the SSL module's
certificate revocation list (CRL) handler. If Apache is configured to
use a malicious CRL, this could possibly lead to a server crash or
arbitrary code execution with the rights of the Apache web server.
Watchfire discovered that Apache insufficiently verified the
"Transfer-Encoding" and "Content-Length" headers when acting as an
HTTP proxy. By sending a specially crafted HTTP request, a remote
attacker who is authorized to use the proxy could exploit this to
bypass web application firewalls, poison the HTTP proxy cache, and
conduct cross-site scripting attacks against other proxy users.
Upgrade to :
- apache2-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.2 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- apache2-common-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.2 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- apache2-doc-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.2 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- apache2-mpm-perchild-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.2 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- apache2-mpm-prefork-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.2 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- apache2-mpm-threadpool-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.2 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- apache2-mpm-worker-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.2 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- apache2-prefork-dev-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.2 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- apache2-threaded-dev-2.0.53-5ubuntu5.2 (Ubuntu 5.04)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|128GB (4X32GB) Micron PC4-2133P DDR4 Reg. ECC LRDIMM MTA72ASS4G72LZ-2G1A1HG
|4GB PC3-12800U DDR3 1600MHz Desktop 1Rx8 2Rx8 DIMM Micron Samsung Hynix Kingston
|LOT of 25. 256MB PC2700 x 25 Laptop DDR333 RAM Memory 200 pin SODIMM
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.