Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Georgi Guninski discovered that it was possible to construct Vim
modelines that execute arbitrary shell commands by wrapping them in
glob() or expand() function calls. If a possible hacker tricked an user to
open a file with a specially crafted modeline, he could exploit this
to execute arbitrary commands with the user's rights.
Upgrade to :
- kvim-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- kvim-perl-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- kvim-python-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- kvim-tcl-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- vim-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- vim-common-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- vim-doc-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- vim-gnome-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- vim-gtk-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- vim-lesstif-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- vim-perl-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Vintage Slo-Syn TRP125 Paper Tape Reader for DEC PDP 8, PDP 11, CNC. Motors Run
|Digital DEC Lanbridge 200 w DEPCI-AF Module, AUI, BNC 10 Base 2, Vintage.
|Rare Digital DEC H-500 Computer Lab, 1960s, Same Switches as PDP-8/I, Vintage.
|One Hard Drive Vintage SCSI DEC Digital RF30-EA Two Available J282
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.