Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Georgi Guninski discovered that it was possible to construct Vim
modelines that execute arbitrary shell commands by wrapping them in
glob() or expand() function calls. If a possible hacker tricked an user to
open a file with a specially crafted modeline, he could exploit this
to execute arbitrary commands with the user's rights.
Upgrade to :
- kvim-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- kvim-perl-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- kvim-python-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- kvim-tcl-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- vim-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- vim-common-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- vim-doc-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- vim-gnome-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- vim-gtk-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- vim-lesstif-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
- vim-perl-6.3-046+1ubuntu7.1 (Ubuntu 5.04)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Vintage 1983 Digital Equipment Corporation DEC VAX-11 Systems Maintenance Manual
|HISTORIC UNIVAC REMINGTON RAND 120, 409 PROGRAM BOARD FOR TUBE COMPUTER 1 pc.
|Vintage 1988 Mainframe Computer Abend Dump 63 pages CICS
|Great Mother of z/OS ----> IBM 370 Mainframe OS on PC ----> myMVS
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.