Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
USN-149-1 fixed some vulnerabilities in the Ubuntu 5.04 (Hoary
Hedgehog) version of Firefox. The version shipped with Ubuntu 4.10
(Warty Warthog) is also vulnerable to these flaws, so it needs to be
upgraded as well. Please see
for the original advisory.
This update also fixes several older vulnerabilities
Some of them
could be exploited to execute arbitrary code with full user rights
if the user visited a malicious web site. (MFSA-2005-01 to
please see the following web site for details:
Upgrade to :
- mozilla-firefox-1.0.6-0ubuntu0.0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- mozilla-firefox-dom-inspector-1.0.6-0ubuntu0.0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- mozilla-firefox-locale-ca-1.0-0ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- mozilla-firefox-locale-de-1.0-0ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- mozilla-firefox-locale-es-1.0-0ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- mozilla-firefox-locale-fr-1.0-0ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- mozilla-firefox-locale-it-1.0-0ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- mozilla-firefox-locale-ja-1.0-0ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|G. SKILL PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600) 8GB UDIMM 1600 MHz PC3-12800 DDR3 Memory...
|Lot of 22 Samsung 4gb PC3L 1.35v 10600R C09 ECC M393B5273CH0 Server Memory
|3TB (96x32GB) DDR4 PC4-2400T-R ECC Reg Server Memory RAM for Cisco UCS B460 M4
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.