Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
USN-149-1 fixed some vulnerabilities in the Ubuntu 5.04 (Hoary
Hedgehog) version of Firefox. The version shipped with Ubuntu 4.10
(Warty Warthog) is also vulnerable to these flaws, so it needs to be
upgraded as well. Please see
for the original advisory.
This update also fixes several older vulnerabilities
Some of them
could be exploited to execute arbitrary code with full user rights
if the user visited a malicious web site. (MFSA-2005-01 to
please see the following web site for details:
Upgrade to :
- mozilla-firefox-1.0.6-0ubuntu0.0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- mozilla-firefox-dom-inspector-1.0.6-0ubuntu0.0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- mozilla-firefox-locale-ca-1.0-0ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- mozilla-firefox-locale-de-1.0-0ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- mozilla-firefox-locale-es-1.0-0ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- mozilla-firefox-locale-fr-1.0-0ubuntu0.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- mozilla-firefox-locale-it-1.0-0ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- mozilla-firefox-locale-ja-1.0-0ubuntu0.1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15" A1398 MC975LL/A 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB 256GB SSD
|MSI Dominator GT70-2PC, Intel Core i7-4810mq, Nvidia 870m, 8 GB DDR3 RAM,W/ BAG
|Apple MacBook Pro 15 Retina Intel i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram 256GB SSD Geforce OSX
|iMac 27" (A1312) 2.66GHz Intel Core i5 - 8G RAM, 1T HD, GOOD WORKING CONDITION.
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.