Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Markus Meissner discovered even more integer overflow vulnerabilities
in xpdf, a viewer for PDF files. These integer overflows can
eventually lead to buffer overflows.
The Common UNIX Printing System (CUPS) uses the same code to print PDF
tetex-bin uses the code to generate PDF output and process
included PDF files. In any case, these vulnerabilities could be
exploited by a possible hacker providing a specially crafted PDF file which,
when processed by CUPS, xpdf, or pdflatex, could result in abnormal
program termination or the execution of program code supplied by the
In the case of CUPS, this bug could be exploited to gain the rights of
the CUPS print server (by default, user cupsys).
In the cases of xpdf and pdflatex, this bug could be exploited to gain
the rights of the user invoking the program.
Upgrade to :
- cupsys-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cupsys-bsd-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- cupsys-client-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsimage2-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsimage2-dev-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsys2-dev-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libcupsys2-gnutls10-1.1.20final+cvs20040330-4ubuntu16.2 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|Juniper 10GBase-SR XFP Module SRX-XFP-10GE-SR
|Juniper SFP (mini-GBIC) Module QFX-SFP-1GE-LX
|Juniper SFP+ Transceiver SFPP-10GE-ER
|Juniper M7i Base AC Router w/ RE-400 C-FEB (2) 1GE-SFP
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.