Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Two Denial of Service vulnerabilities have been discovered in the
getimagesize() function. getimagesize() uses format specific internal
functions php_handle_iff() and php_handle_jpeg() which get stuck in
infinite loops when certain (invalid) size parameters are read from
the image. In web applications that permit users to upload arbitrary
image files, a remote attacker could render the server unavailable by
uploading specially crafted images.
Upgrade to :
- libapache2-mod-php4-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.7 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.7 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-cgi-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.7 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-curl-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.7 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-dev-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.7 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-domxml-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.7 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-gd-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.7 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-ldap-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.7 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mcal-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.7 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mhash-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.7 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- php4-mysql-4.3.8-3ubuntu7.7 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
|WD Scorpio Blue - SATA 3.0Gbps 250GB HDD HD Hard Drive
|Bipra 250Gb 250 Gb 2.5 Usb 2.0 External Pocket Slim Hard Drive - Red - Fat32 ...
|WD 16TB My Cloud EX4100 Expert Series Network Attached Storage - NAS WDBWZE0160K
|Chilly Dog Reindeer Shawl Dog Sweater, XX-Large
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.