Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
PNG library vulnerabilities
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
These remote packages are missing security patches :
Several integer overflow vulnerabilities were discovered in the PNG library.
These vulnerabilities could be exploited by a possible hacker by providing a
specially crafted PNG image which, when processed by the PNG library, could
result in the execution of program code provided by the attacker.
The PNG library is used by a variety of software packages for different
purposes, so the exact nature of the exposure will vary depending on the
Upgrade to :
- libpng10-0-1.0.15-6ubuntu1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpng10-dev-1.0.15-6ubuntu1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpng12-0-126.96.36.199-7ubuntu1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpng12-dev-188.8.131.52-7ubuntu1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpng2-1.0.15-6ubuntu1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpng2-dev-1.0.15-6ubuntu1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpng3-184.108.40.206-7ubuntu1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
- libpng3-dev-220.127.116.11-7ubuntu1 (Ubuntu 4.10)
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: Ubuntu Security Notice (C) 2005 Canonical, Inc. / NASL script (C) 2005 Michel Arboi
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.