Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the squirrelmail package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2006-788 (squirrelmail).
SquirrelMail is a standards-based webmail package written in PHP4. It
includes built-in pure PHP support for the IMAP and SMTP protocols, and
compatibility across browsers. It has very few requirements and is very
easy to configure and install. SquirrelMail has all the functionality
you would want from an email client, including strong MIME support,
address books, and folder manipulation.
Many fixes here. Please report any regressions to Red Hat
- 1.4.7 with CVE-2006-3174 (#197369)
- Move sqspell_config.php to /etc and mark it
- Reduce patch for body text (#194457)
- Better JP translation for 'Check mail' (#196117)
- Japanese zenkaku subject conversion (#196017)
- Japanese MSIE garbled download ugly hack (#195639)
- Japanese multibyte attachment view text (#195452)
- Japanese multibyte attachment body text (#194457)
- Do not convert Japanese Help to UTF-8 (#194599)
Solution : Get the newest Fedora Updates
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2007 Tenable Network Security
|HP 15.6" Touchscreen A10-9600P 8GB RAM 1TB Hard Drive DVDRW Win10 15-ba052wm
|HP Z820 WORKSTATION W7 PRO TWO E5-2650V2 2.60GHZ 192GB 4 X 1TB SATA QUADRO K600
|HPE HP DL380 G9 Gen9 SERVER TWO E5-2680V3 2.5GHZ 128GB 3 X 1TB SAS
|DELL T7810 WORKSTATION E5-2603V3 1.6GHZ 96GB 3 X 1TB SATA 6000
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.