Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the ruby package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2006-1110 (ruby).
Ruby is the interpreted scripting language for quick and easy
object-oriented programming. It has many features to process text
files and to do system management tasks (as in Perl). It is simple,
straight-forward, and extensible.
Update information :
* Fri Oct 27 2006 Akira TAGOH
- security fix release.
- ruby-1.8.5-cgi-CVE-2006-5467.patch: fix a CGI multipart parsing bug that
causes the denial of service. (#212396)
- backport fixes from devel.
- fixed rbconfig.rb to refer to DESTDIR for sitearchdir. (#207311)
- updates to 1.8.5
- removed the unnecessary patches:
- build with --enable-pthread except on ppc.
- ruby-1.8.5-hash-memory-leak.patch: backported from CVS to fix a memory leak
on Hash. [ruby-talk:211233]
- owns sitearchdir. (#201208)
Solution : Get the newest Fedora Updates
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2007 Tenable Network Security
|Lot of 2 IBM Astec AA23260 74P4410 Server Power Supply
|IBM FLEX SYSTEM X440 7917 FOUR E5-4603 2.0GHZ 64GB 900GB 10K SAS
|IBM DX360 M3 SERVER X5570 2.93GHZ 8GB 500GB SAS NO GPU
|IBM SYSTEM X3550 M3 SERVER E5640 2.66GHZ 12GB 2 X 1TB SAS
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.