Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the ruby package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2006-1110 (ruby).
Ruby is the interpreted scripting language for quick and easy
object-oriented programming. It has many features to process text
files and to do system management tasks (as in Perl). It is simple,
straight-forward, and extensible.
Update information :
* Fri Oct 27 2006 Akira TAGOH
- security fix release.
- ruby-1.8.5-cgi-CVE-2006-5467.patch: fix a CGI multipart parsing bug that
causes the denial of service. (#212396)
- backport fixes from devel.
- fixed rbconfig.rb to refer to DESTDIR for sitearchdir. (#207311)
- updates to 1.8.5
- removed the unnecessary patches:
- build with --enable-pthread except on ppc.
- ruby-1.8.5-hash-memory-leak.patch: backported from CVS to fix a memory leak
on Hash. [ruby-talk:211233]
- owns sitearchdir. (#201208)
Solution : Get the newest Fedora Updates
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2007 Tenable Network Security
|Netgear FR314 Cable/DSL Firewall Router w/ 4-Prt Switch Warranty
|ASA 5506-X Edition with FirePOWER Services, ASA5506-K9, New
|Cisco ASA 5545-X Firewall Edition, ASA5545-K9
|Juniper Netscreen-25 NS-025-001 Netscreen VPN Firewall
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.