Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the sendmail package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2006-836 (sendmail).
The Sendmail program is a very widely used Mail Transport Agent (MTA).
MTAs send mail from one machine to another. Sendmail is not a client
program, which you use to read your email. Sendmail is a
behind-the-scenes program which actually moves your email over
networks or the Internet to where you want it to go.
If you ever need to reconfigure Sendmail, you will also need to have
the sendmail.cf package installed. If you need documentation on
Sendmail, you can install the sendmail-doc package.
Update information :
* Tue Jul 18 2006 Thomas Woerner
- using new syntax for access database (#177566)
- fixed failure message while shutting down sm-client (#119429)
resolution: stop sm-client before sendmail
- fixed method to specify persistent queue runners (#126760)
- removed patch backup files from sendmail-cf tree (#152955)
- fixed missing dnl on SMART_HOST define (#166680)
- fixed wrong location of aliases and aliases.db file in aliases man page
- enabled CipherList config option for sendmail (#172352)
- added user chowns for /etc/mail/authinfo.db and move check for cf files
- fixed Makefile of vacation (#191396)
vacation is not included in this sendmail package
- /var/log/mail now belongs to sendmail (#192850)
- using old pam_stack
Solution : Get the newest Fedora Updates
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2007 Tenable Network Security
|IBM DX360 M3 SERVER E5630 2.53GHZ 32GB 4 X 1TB SATA 2 X TESLA M1060
|IBM DX360 M3 SERVER TWO E5640 2.66GHZ 48GB 3 X 1TB SATA 2 X TESLA M1060
|IBM DX360 M3 SERVER TWO E5630 2.53GHZ 24GB 2 X 600GB 10K SAS NO GPU CONNECTX-2
|IBM SYSTEM X3550 M3 SERVER TWO E5630 2.53GHZ 128GB 1.6TB SSD
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.