Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the kernel package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2005-906 (kernel).
The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of any
Linux operating system. The kernel handles the basic functions
of the operating system: memory allocation, process allocation, device
input and output, etc.
* Thu Sep 22 2005 Dave Jones
- Disable crash driver on Xen kernels.
* Wed Sep 14 2005 Dave Jones
- Fixes for CVE-2005-2490 and CVE-2005-2492
* Thu Sep 8 2005 Rik van Riel
- upgrade to a newer Xen snapshot
- exclude Xen TPM bits, since those conflict with 18.104.22.168
- enable highmem for Xen kernels (#162226)
- add workaround for glibc bug on VDSO note parsing (Roland) (#166984)
* Mon Sep 5 2005 Dave Jones
- Fix aic7xxx issue with >4GB. (#167049)
* Fri Sep 2 2005 Dave Jones
- Various post 2.6.13 ACPI updates. (20050902)
* Mon Aug 29 2005 Dave Jones
- Fix local builds when '-' is in the hostname.
- Update ALPS driver to 2.6.13 level.
Solution : Get the newest Fedora Updates
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2005 Tenable Network Security
|5 Intel i3 Mobile i3-2310M SR04R 2.1Ghz CPU LAPTOP mobile i3 Processor
|24" iMac A1225 2007 Logic Board with CPU 2.4GHz intel Core 2 Duo 820-2110-A
|Intel SLANQ Xeon E5450 3.00GHZ/12M/1333 Quad Core CPU Socket LGA771 - Lot of 14
|HP Proliant BL465c G1 2.8GHz (2x AMD 2220 Dual Core Processor) 16GB Blade Server
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.