Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the kernel package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2005-906 (kernel).
The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of any
Linux operating system. The kernel handles the basic functions
of the operating system: memory allocation, process allocation, device
input and output, etc.
* Thu Sep 22 2005 Dave Jones
- Disable crash driver on Xen kernels.
* Wed Sep 14 2005 Dave Jones
- Fixes for CVE-2005-2490 and CVE-2005-2492
* Thu Sep 8 2005 Rik van Riel
- upgrade to a newer Xen snapshot
- exclude Xen TPM bits, since those conflict with 184.108.40.206
- enable highmem for Xen kernels (#162226)
- add workaround for glibc bug on VDSO note parsing (Roland) (#166984)
* Mon Sep 5 2005 Dave Jones
- Fix aic7xxx issue with >4GB. (#167049)
* Fri Sep 2 2005 Dave Jones
- Various post 2.6.13 ACPI updates. (20050902)
* Mon Aug 29 2005 Dave Jones
- Fix local builds when '-' is in the hostname.
- Update ALPS driver to 2.6.13 level.
Solution : Get the newest Fedora Updates
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2005 Tenable Network Security
|DELL POWEREDGE R520 SERVER E5-2450L 1.80GHZ 64GB 8 X 146GB 15K SAS H310
|DELL POWEREDGE R520 SERVER E5-2403 1.80GHZ 128GB 8 X 600GB 15K SAS H710P
|DELL POWEREDGE R520 SERVER E5-2450 2.10GHZ 8GB 6 X 2TB SAS H710P
|Dell CG87V PowerVault MD3600F MD3620F Fiber San 8GB/S Server Module
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.