Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the kernel package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2005-510 (kernel).
The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of any
Linux operating system. The kernel handles the basic functions
of the operating system: memory allocation, process allocation, device
input and output, etc.
* Wed Jun 29 2005 Dave Jones
* Mon Jun 27 2005 Dave Jones
- Disable multipath caches. (#161168)
- Reenable AMD756 I2C driver for x86-64. (#159609)
- Add more IBM r40e BIOS's to the C2/C3 blacklist.
* Thu Jun 23 2005 Dave Jones
- Make orinoco driver suck less.
- Exec-shield randomisation fix.
- pwc driver warning fix.
- Prevent potential oops in tux with symlinks. (#160219)
* Wed Jun 22 2005 Dave Jones
- Clean up subthread exec (CVE-2005-1913)
- ia64 ptrace + sigrestore_context (CVE-2005-1761)
* Wed Jun 22 2005 David Woodhouse
- Update audit support
* Mon Jun 20 2005 Dave Jones
- Rebase to 2.6.12
- Temporarily drop Alans IDE fixes whilst they get redone.
- Enable userspace queueing of ipv6 packets.
* Tue Jun 7 2005 Dave Jones
- Drop recent b44 changes which broke some setups.
Solution : http://fedoranews.org//mediawiki/index.php/Fedora_Core_4_Update:_kernel-2.6.12-1.1387_FC4
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2005 Tenable Network Security
|HP Elitebook X360 1030 G2 Laptop 917922-601 i5-7200U 2.5 GHz 8GB Intel Tested
|Dell XPS 9365 Laptop Motherboard 0CTCJ i7-7Y75 1.3 GHz 8GB Intel Tested Warranty
|HP Chromebook 11 G6 EE Laptop L15850-001 Celeron N3350 1.1 GHz 4GB Intel Tested
|ASUS A68BM-A/M32BF/DP_MB AMD Socket FM2+ mATX Motherboard 90PA07B0-M1XBN0
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.