Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the kernel package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2005-392 (kernel).
The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of
Linux operating system. The kernel handles the basic functions
of the operating system: memory allocation, process allocation, device
input and output, etc.
* Tue May 17 2005 Dave Jones
- Remove the unused (and outdated) Xen patches from the FC3 tree.
* Mon May 16 2005 Dave Jones
- Rebase to 188.8.131.52, (fixing CVE-2005-1264)
* Thu May 12 2005 Dave Jones
- Rebase to 184.108.40.206, (fixing CVE-2005-1263)
* Tue May 10 2005 Dave Jones
- Fix two bugs in x86-64 page fault handler.
* Mon May 9 2005 Dave Jones
- Rebase to 220.127.116.11
| Fixes CVE-2005-1368 (local DoS in key lookup). (#156680)
| Fixes CVE-2005-1369 (i2c alarms sysfs DoS). (#156683)
- Merge IDE fixes from 2.6.11-ac7
- Add Conflicts for older IPW firmwares.
- Fix conntrack leak with raw sockets.
* Sun May 1 2005 Dave Jones
- Various firewire fixes backported from -mm. (#133798)
(Thanks to Jody McIntyre for doing this)
* Fri Apr 29 2005 Dave Jones
- fix oops in aacraid open when using adaptec tools. (#148761)
- Blacklist another brainless SCSI scanner. (#155457)
* Thu Apr 21 2005 Dave Jones
- Fix up SCSI queue locking. (#155472)
* Tue Apr 19 2005 Dave Jones
- SCSI tape security: require CAP_ADMIN for SG_IO etc. (#155355)
* Mon Apr 18 2005 Dave Jones
- Retry more aggressively during USB device initialization
* Thu Apr 14 2005 Dave Jones
- Build DRM modular. (#154769)
* Fri Apr 8 2005 Dave Jones
- Disable Longhaul driver (again).
Solution : http://www.fedoranews.org/blog/index.php?p=695
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2005 Tenable Network Security
|HP PROLIANT SL250S G8 RIGHT SERVER E5-2660 2.2GHZ 8GB 1600MHZ 1R 2 X 500GB SATA
|HP PROLIANT SL250S G8 RIGHT SERVER TWO E5-2630 2.30GHZ 48GB 4 X 500GB SATA
|DELL POWEREDGE M910 SERVER FOUR E7-4807 1.86GHZ 256GB NO HDD
|HP PROLIANT SL250S G8 RIGHT SERVER TWO E5-2660 2.2GHZ 128GB NO HDD
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.