Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the kernel package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2005-313 (kernel).
The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of any
Linux operating system. The kernel handles the basic functions
of the operating system: memory allocation, process allocation, device
input and output, etc.
This update rebases the kernel to the latest upstream stable release,
which fixes a number of security issues. Notably:
- CVE-2005-0210 : dst leak
- CVE-2005-0384 : ppp dos
- CVE-2005-0531 : Sign handling issues.
- CVE-2005-0400 : EXT2 information leak.
- CVE-2005-0449 : Remote oops.
- CVE-2005-0736 : Epoll overflow
- CVE-2005-0749 : ELF loader may kfree wrong memory.
- CVE-2005-0750 : Missing range checking in bluetooth
- CVE-2005-0767 : drm race in radeon
- CVE-2005-0815 : Corrupt isofs images could cause oops
Additionally, a large number of improvements have come from the
2.6.10 -> 2.6.11 transition.
This update requires you are running the latest udev package, and
also (if you are using SELinux) the latest selinux policy packages.
* Thu Apr 7 2005 Dave Jones
- Update to 220.127.116.11
- Set CFQ as default elevator again.
* Tue Apr 5 2005 Dave Jones
- Disable slab debug.
- Re-add the pwc driver. (#152593)
* Wed Mar 30 2005 Dave Jones
- x86_64: Only free PMDs and PUDs after other CPUs have been flushed
* Sat Mar 26 2005 Dave Jones
- Update to 18.104.22.168
* Tue Mar 22 2005 Dave Jones
- Fix up several calls to memset with swapped arguments.
* Sat Mar 19 2005 Dave Jones
- Update to 22.214.171.124
* Fri Mar 18 2005 Dave Jones
- Kjournald oops race. (#146344)
* Tue Mar 15 2005 Dave Jones
- Update to 126.96.36.199
* Thu Mar 10 2005 Dave Jones
- Update to 188.8.131.52
- Reenable advansys driver for x86
* Fri Mar 4 2005 Dave Jones
- Fix up ACPI vs keyboard controller problem.
- Fix up Altivec usage on PPC/PPC64.
* Fri Mar 4 2005 Dave Jones
- Finger the programs that try to read from /dev/mem.
- Improve spinlock debugging a little.
* Wed Mar 2 2005 Dave Jones
Solution : Get the newest Fedora Updates
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2005 Tenable Network Security
|Knoppix 7.2.0 Live Linux Bootable Startup CD (Runs form CD) +Free Retro Linux CD
|Latest KNOPPIX LINUX Operating system PC repair Bootable live system Windows USB
|KNOPPIX LINUX - NEW v7.7.1 Live DVD & 16GB 3.0 USB Flash Drive with Persistence
|Knoppix Linux Live USB 32 64 bit Debian GNU Apache MySQL w/setup guide
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.