Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the kernel package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2005-262 (kernel).
The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of
Linux operating system. The kernel handles the basic functions
of the operating system: memory allocation, process allocation, device
input and output, etc.
* Sun Mar 27 2005 Dave Jones
- Catch up with all recent security issues.
- CVE-2005-0210 : dst leak
- CVE-2005-0384 : ppp dos
- CVE-2005-0531 : Sign handling issues.
- CVE-2005-0400 : EXT2 information leak.
- CVE-2005-0449 : Remote oops.
- CVE-2005-0736 : Epoll overflow
- CVE-2005-0749 : ELF loader may kfree wrong memory.
- CVE-2005-0750 : Missing range checking in bluetooth
- CVE-2005-0767 : drm race in radeon
- CVE-2005-0815 : Corrupt isofs images could cause oops.
* Tue Mar 22 2005 Dave Jones
- Fix swapped parameters to memset in ieee802.11 code.
Solution : http://www.fedoranews.org/blog/index.php?p=531
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2005 Tenable Network Security
|Dec Digital Rf35/Rz35 852mb Dssi Disk Drive
|SCSI Converter hp 5183-2479 Sca 80 Female/Sca 80 Male
|Maxtor Diamondmax plus 9 80gb SATA/150 HDD
|Ide Converter Slim DVD / 40 Pin Male + 4 Pin Tension
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.