Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the squirrelmail package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2004-471 (squirrelmail).
SquirrelMail is a standards-based webmail package written in PHP4. It
includes built-in pure PHP support for the IMAP and SMTP protocols,
compatibility across browsers. It has very few requirements and is
easy to configure and install. SquirrelMail has all the functionality
you would want from an email client, including strong MIME support,
address books, and folder manipulation.
* Fri Nov 19 2004 Warren Togami 1.4.3a-6.FC2
* Fri Nov 19 2004 Warren Togami 1.4.3a-7
- CVE-2004-1036 Cross Site Scripting in encoded text
- #112769 updated splash screens
* Thu Oct 14 2004 Warren Togami 1.4.3a-5
- default_folder_prefix dovecot compatible by default
/etc/squirrelmail/config_local.php if you must change it
* Wed Oct 13 2004 Warren Togami 1.4.3a-4
- HIGASHIYAMA Masato's patch to improve Japanese support
(coordinated by Scott A. Hughes).
- real 1.4.3a tarball
* Tue Aug 31 2004 Warren Togami 1.4.3-2
- #125638 config_local.php and default_pref in /etc/squirrelmail/
to match upstream RPM. This should permit smoother drop-in
replacements and upgrades.
- other spec cleanup.
Solution : http://www.fedoranews.org/blog/index.php?p=111
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID:
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2004 Tenable Network Security
|1981 DEC Digital Equipment LSI-11 computer photo vintage print ad
|DEC M5922 MASS BUS TRANSCEIVER PORT A SIDE 2 COMPUTER VINTAGE
|DEC M7867 5011561E-P1 DVP 11-DA BOARD VINTAGE COMPUTERS
|DEC LS11 INTERFACE M7258 94VO BOARD COMPUTER VINTAGE
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.