Vulnerability Assessment & Network Security Forums
If through a vulnerability assessment, a network security issue is detected for the vulnerability below, applying the appropriate security patches in a timely matter is very important. If you have detected that your system has already been compromised, following CERT's Network Security recovery document will assist with recommended steps for system recovery.
Vulnerability Assessment Details
Check for the version of the kernel package
Detailed Explanation for this Vulnerability Assessment
The remote host is missing the patch for the advisory FEDORA-2004-063 (kernel).
The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of your
Fedora Core Linux operating system. The kernel handles the basic functions
of the operating system: memory allocation, process allocation, device
input and output, etc.
* Mon Jan 26 2004 Dave Jones
- Fix error in wan config files that broke some configurators.
- Reenable VIA DRI.
* Fri Jan 16 2004 Dave Jones
- Merge VM updates from post 2.4.22
- Fix AMD64 ptrace security hole. (CVE-2004-0001)
- Fix NPTL SMP hang.
- Merge bits from 2.4.25pre
- R128 DRI limits checking. (CVE-2004-0003)
- Various ymfpci fixes.
- tmpfs readdir does not update dir atime
- Minor IPV4/Netfilter changes.
- Fix userspace dereferencing bug in USB Vicam driver.
- Merge a few more bits from 2.4.23pre
- Numerous tmpfs fixes.
- Use list_add_tail in buffer_insert_list
- Correctly dequeue SIGSTOP signals in kupdated
- Update laptop-mode patch to match mainline.
* Wed Jan 14 2004 Dave Jones
- Merge a few more missing netfilter fixes from upstream.
* Tue Jan 13 2004 Dave Jones
- Reenable Tux.
- Lots of updates from the 2.4.23 era.
* Mon Jan 12 2004 Dave Jones
- Avoid deadlocks in USB storage.
* Fri Jan 09 2004 Dave Jones
- Fix thread creation race.
* Thu Jan 08 2004 Dave Jones
- USB storage: Make Pentax Optio S4 work
- Config file tweaking. Only enable CONFIG_SIBLINGS_2
on the kernels that need it.
Solution : http://www.fedoranews.org/updates/FEDORA-2004-063.shtml
Network Security Threat Level: High
Networks Security ID: 9429, 9570
Vulnerability Assessment Copyright: This script is Copyright (C) 2004 Tenable Network Security
|Dell T7810 workstation 64GB RAM 1x 1TB 2 x E5-2623v4 K2200 Win 10 Pro
|Dell T7810 workstation 16GB RAM 1x 256GB & 1x 1TB 2 x E5-2696v4 K420 Win 10 Pro
|Dell T7810 workstation 2 x E5-2690 v3 32GB RAM 1x 1TB K4000 Win 10 Pro
|DELL T7910 Workstation 16GB 2x 1TB 2 x E5-2678v3 M6000 12GB
No Discussions have been posted on this vulnerability.